The distance between dreams and reality is called action.
In pursuit of your dreams, those big goals you have, you must be unrelenting in making consistent movement forward.
Never give up. Never surrender.
You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry but do not give up.
You’ve made the choice. This is what you need to do. So, go after it with all your heart and both your hands.
If it’s not working change tactics but stick with your decision. If you’ve really looked at the situation and have seen that you need to make adjustments because it isn’t working. Find a new tactic. Overcome that barrier and keep moving towards your goal.
The many give up. The many quit and don’t win. They don’t learn.
Many will start fast, few will finish strong.Gary Ryan Blair
Be different. Commit yourself to a high standard where you focus on right now, what needs to be accomplished today, and keep moving.
You are going to feel fear. That is natural. Fear is a dream killer. You don’t need to fight fear. Merely recognize it for what it is and let it pass through you.
Your reputation is on the line. Either as one of the many who succumbs to fear and gives up, or as one of the few who has character, determination, and perseverance. Be the one who does what they say they are going to do.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.Confucius
To build this power within yourself, to become relentless in your pursuit and focus consider the following :
- Consistent Actions : Build these actions into daily habits.
- Do one thing you hate or have put off and procrastinated about, every day. Just one thing. You can’t let the pile of undone weigh you down. The rest of your effort should be in using your strengths to make movement on your big goal.
- Keep laser focused on high value productive actions. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t waste your energy on things that aren’t giving you the most forward motion.
- Take steps every day toward your goal. It’s the forward motion that will keep you going. If you stall, take another step, even if it is a small one. Inaction breeds inaction.
- Never confuse busy with productive. Lots and lots of people are busy. The busiest people I know are the least successful. Those who are the busiest are the least productive. Don’t be busy. Take action with purpose that keeps you moving on the journey. Work hard, but work hard on the actions that have meaning and that only you can do.
- Course correct and keep moving
- If facing a decision, use the 5 Steps of Decision Making. You’ll make better decisions and start to use less energy in making those decisions.
The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus.Robert Greene
Fits and starts wont’ get you there. Neither will giving up. Wrestle those demons to the ground. Keep moving. Each step along the way will teach you something. Your determination and grit are under your control. They are the magnifiers of your ability that leads to accomplishment.
By constantly moving forward and staying focused you will learn each day of your journey and get that much closer to mastery and ultimately to finding the success you are striving towards.
Happiness is in the journey, but you must keep your feet on the path.